£30000 - £40000 per annum + pension, etc.
Opportunity for an energy engineer / consultant to join a specialist engineering consultancy, as an energy consultant. The role will involve engaging with clients at the early stages of projects to identify the areas where improvement and saving can be made relating to systems integration, facilities, utilities and site services. The position will involve home working / remote working with the need to attend company meetings at their office locations (South Wales and Midlands) and spending time working with clients on their sites.
You will be responsible for undertaking surveys to gather data, interpreting the results to provide advice and guidance to the client and then working with a small team to deliver the projects that the client signs off on the delivery of. The role will involve working predominantly in South Wales but will also require travel UK wide with the expectation being you will be visiting clients 2-3 days per week.
As the energy engineer / consultant, your duties will include:
- Initial contact with clients to discuss requirements and arrange visits
- Visiting client sites to undertake energy surveys and gain a fuller understanding of the clients' needs
- Contributing to the identifying of projects that can be undertaken by the client to create improvements and/or cost savings
- Advising and guiding the client towards which identified projects would be most beneficial to them to achieve their goal
- Working with the wider team internally both in the early stages of costing projects for clients and throughout the delivery process
- Supporting clients in identifying and successfully applying for funding that is available to them.
To apply for the energy engineer / consultant, you will need:
- A degree-level qualification in a technical subject (Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Renewable Energy, Sustainable Energy, etc.)
- Experience of working in a technical role which involves an element of consulting wither internally with other departments or externally with customers
- The ability to gather data in an energy or engineering related area
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence at all levels within a business
- To be able to think quickly and process information rapidly enabling the required solution to be achieved.
In return, the energy engineer / consultant will receive a salary of £30,000-£40,000 (dependent on experience) + pension (10% company contribution), laptop, mobile, etc.
Please note there is no company car or car allowance as part of the benefits package. Mileage will be paid in line with standard HMRC rates. The client is happy to contribute towards the successful energy engineer / energy consultant setting up a home office to work from as needed.
If you wish to be considered for the energy engineer (home-based) role, please click on the apply button.
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.
Job Skills: Energy Engineer, Energy Consultant, Energy Manager, Sustainability Engineer, Sustainability Manager, Environmental Coordinator, Environmental Manager, engineering recruitment agencies, [email protected]