competitive salary, excellent benefits
Opportunity for an electronics design engineer to join a financially secure, award-winning manufacturing business. On offer is a competitive base salary and an excellent benefits package, including 24 days of holiday (plus bank holidays), a cash healthcare plan, pension, potential bonus and sickness pay. The company are currently trialling a 9-day fortnight (37.5 hours per week)
The company are global, with four international subsidiaries and has historically achieved >20% year-on-year growth. The culture is friendly, with very low staff turnover rates; the business has won multiple prestigious awards and has gained a reputation for being a stable, considerate employer.
The successful electronics design engineer will be involved in designing, developing and validating electronic components and firmware for a range of high-tech, market-leading products.
As the electronics design engineer, your duties will include the following: -
- Designing, developing and debugging new and existing electronic assemblies to be incorporated within the company's products.
- Taking a proactive role in the new product introduction process, creating technical specifications for electronics/firmware developments.
- Using schematic entry and PCB layout tools to design and test circuit boards for prototypes and production.
- Designing, building and verifying test equipment operation for electronic products to allow testing of electronic assemblies and systems.
- Liaising with the purchasing team, suppliers, test houses and subcontractors.
- Developing PC software for internal testing of hardware and firmware designs using a range of firmware and software test methods to ensure high-quality code
- Creation and maintenance of bills of material and other documentation relating to electronic products, including user manuals; build instructions; technical reports and other documentation as required.
- Keeping up to date with new and evolving developments in technologies & regulations
To be successful in your application for the electronics design engineer, you will need the following: -
- Proven experience designing/developing electronic-based products.
- Experience in PCB design, specification, prototyping, development and taking through to production.
- Experience problem-solving PCB component failures.
- Strong engineering documentation experience.
- Experience with high-speed data communication and or high voltages would be desirable
If you are interested in the electronics design engineer position, please click apply!
Job Skills: electronics, design, development, PCB, email@example.com