£34000 - £60000 per annum
Opportunity for an electrical project engineer to join a high-profile, market-leading business.
The company is well established, financially stable, and has a reputation as an excellent employer. The engineering project manager position represents an opportunity to get involved in varied and technically complex engineering and manufacturing projects.
As the electrical project engineer, you will manage a range of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, to budget and to the agreed quality standard. Detailed responsibilities will include: -
- Liaising with equipment designers/suppliers to determine equipment power supply requirements (including 400 3-phase and 230v single phase) and loading distribution.
- Ensuring compliance with legal health, safety, and environmental responsibilities.Working to strict COMAH standards.
- In conjunction with contractors, manage the installation, and commissioning of PLC, SCADA, DCS, HMI, AC/DC drives, and instrumentation.
- Interpreting and evaluating P&IDs and electrical schematic drawings.
- Leading cross-functional teams to mitigate risks and respond quickly where difficulties arise.
- Making sure that appropriate permits to work are in place.
- Ensuring the implementation of contractor management safety procedures, including CDM controls.
- Leading the electrical design of process control systems to ensure that the final agreed design meets the legislative compliance requirements of the machinery directive
- Acting as the lead engineer on safety-related electrical projects
- Providing electrical design support relating to safety instrumented systems.
- Ensuring projects are fit-for-purpose and adhere to the project budget and schedule.
- Interpreting requirements, identifying, and addressing design parameters and engineering problems and ensuring solutions are implemented.
- Liaising and managing third-party contractors to ensure all equipment is fit for purpose.
To apply for the electrical project engineer position, you will need: -
- An HNC or above in electrical engineering.
- Extensive experience in managing new process and equipment projects within the manufacturing sector.
- Experience in managing teams of contractors.
In return, the electrical project engineer will receive a salary of up to £60,000, initial contract is for a 3-6 month period.
If you are interested in the electrical project engineer position, please apply today!
Job Skills: electrical engineer, electrical, project managment, engineering, email@example.com