£52000 - £56000 per annum + pension, private medical, etc.
Electrical engineer required to join a global manufacturing company that has been trading for over 70 years. They have 15+ global locations, 3 of which are in the UK. This role focuses on providing technical advice, support and expertise and there are significant plans for CapEx projects in the next couple of years.
You will work closely with the engineering manager for the site and will be responsible for the safety and availability of equipment within a manufacturing facility. The focus of the role will be the development and implementation of preventive and predictive maintenance regimes directing both internal and external staff (contractors) to carry out the programs efficiently and productively.
Hours of work will be 8:30am-4:30pm.
Electrical engineer responsibilities will include:
- Promoting and contributing to an accident-free workplace by ensuring full compliance with Safe Systems of Work
- Accountability for ensuring compliance with all quality systems and procedures
- Daily work plans to ensure planned maintenance targets are achieved weekly
- Accountability for High Voltage maintenance and development activities across the site, including undertaking appropriate training and assessment to become High Voltage authorised if required and maintaining all relevant professional development in this area
- Ensuring the maintenance team have been given clear expectations on daily targets and that these targets are achieved
- Identifying and implementing improvements in equipment utilisation, energy usage, product quality and labour efficiencies to achieve targets
- Leading continuous improvement activity to improve operational efficiencies to deliver reductions in waste and cost
- Leading HSE initiatives to actively improve safe systems of work such as accident investigation, incident reporting and risk assessments, ensuring all corrective actions are closed out promptly
- Responsibility for systems and ensuring supporting documentation is in place
- Identifying priorities to ensure engineering resources are utilised on the right tasks
- Leading relevant aspects of operational shutdowns for major maintenance and improvement works
- Composing technical and commercial applications where plant improvements or major maintenance requires capital investment
To apply for the electrical engineer position, you will need:
- Previous experience in a relevant role in either a manufacturing or industrial setting
- Working knowledge and experience of working with HV distribution systems - ideally holding Senior authorised Person (SAP) accreditation or be willing to work towards this
- A degree-level qualification in a relevant subject is highly desirable
- Strong knowledge of equipment and systems such as AC/DC drives, PLCs and SCADA systems
- Experience with CAD software is desirable
- Experience in delivering improvements
- CapEx experience is highly desirable
In return, the electrical engineer will receive a salary of £52,000-£56,000 (dependent on experience) + pension, private medical, potential quarterly bonus, 26 days holiday + Bank Holidays, etc.
If you are an electrical engineer, electrical maintenance engineer, electrical project engineer, senior authorised person, SAP, HV engineer, high voltage engineer, senior electrical engineer, engineering manager, engineering team leader engineering supervisor. etc. who is interested in finding out more, please click apply.
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.
Job Skills: electrical engineer, electrical maintenance engineer, senior authorised person, SAP, HV engineer, high voltage engineer, engineering manager, maintenance manager, engineering recruitment agencies, [email protected]