£30000 - £35000 per annum + pension, etc.
Development manager required to join an expanding and growing company that is a leading name in their industry. The company is part of a larger global group of companies that produces profits of close to £500million and employs 10,000+ staff around the world. The South Wales site is one of the leading companies in Europe in their field and prides itself on the innovation it can provide its clients.
The development manager will have a background in chemistry/science or food and will play a key and pivotal role for the company in overseeing the development of products from commercial lead through to finished product. You will work to support both operations/manufacturing and commercial departments by communicating project roadmaps to relevant stakeholders.
Development manager duties will include:
- Day-to-day management of projects to deliver in line with agreed project plans and timelines
- Leading innovation within the team
- Understanding and formulating technical solutions, presenting these solutions both internally and externally when needed
- Working within a laboratory environment on a variety of projects from bespoke customer formulations to technological advances
- Transfer of laboratory projects into production via scale-up trials
- Ensuring all processes and procedures have been followed to ensure 'scale up' is right first time
- Working with quality functions to produce quality documentation when required
- Supporting sales and customers with in-depth technical knowledge
- Maintaining health and safety and good manufacturing practice (GMP) throughout work
To apply for the development manager role, you will need:
- Experience in working on development, NPD or R&D projects
- Experience in 'scale-up' processes into full manufacture
- A degree level qualification in Chemistry, Food Science or something closely related is highly desirable
- Good project management skills
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal formats
- Knowledge of food or pharmaceutical regulatory requirements is desirable
In return, the development manager will receive a salary of £30,000-£35,000 (dependent on experience) + pension, potential annual bonus, 24 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, etc.
If you are a development manager, NPD manager, development chemist, development scientist, food technologist, technologist, development chemist, R&D chemist, R+D chemist, R&D scientist, R+D scientist, etc. and you wish to be considered for the development manager role, please click on the apply button.
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.
Job Skills: development manager, NPD manager, development chemist, development scientist, food technologist, technologist, development chemist, R&D chemist, R+D chemist, R&D scientist, R+D scientist, engineering recruitment agencies, [email protected]