£32000 - £37000 per annum + potential bonus, private medical, pension
Development engineer required to join a global manufacturing company that has been trading for over 70 years. They have seen consistent growth in recent years and offer an excellent benefits package inclusive of a potential annual bonus and BUPA medical cover.
You will work closely with the engineering manager and will take a lead role on research and development projects for the business while taking ownership of technical documentation and compliance matters for the department. You will also look for ways to improve the current range of products and liaise with engineering departments within the business globally on product development and standardisation.
There is also hybrid working currently available for the role splitting the time between the office and home/remote working roughly 50/50.
Development engineer responsibilities will include:
- Looking to improve products including the performance of the product, cost reductions, manufacturing ease, customer requirements, etc.
- Product design, evaluation, and assessments per relevant legislation
- Managing design and technical documentation - FMEAs, risk assessments, instruction manuals etc.
- Liaising with internal departments - sales, engineering, purchasing, production, and quality to ensure accuracy and delivery of projects to specification
- Communicating any issues, problems and ideas to the engineering manager
- Creating drawings and models in 3D and 2D CAD packages
- Reading and comprehending customer specifications for contract-specific orders and apply to the product
- Liaising with suppliers to ensure the selection of the most appropriate components
- Creation and maintenance of technical files following directives
- Providing technical advice and guidance to the Engineering team
- Liaising with global R&D and affiliates regarding product development and standardisation
To apply for the development engineer position, you will need:
- Previous experience of working in the design function of a technical or manufacturing environment
- Experience with electro-mechanical equipment design and development is desirable
- CAD experience (AutoDesk Inventor preferred)
- Familiarity with R&D/NPI processes and tools such as FMEA
- Experience with regulatory requirements including things like technical files, machinery directives, regulations, industry standards, etc.
- A recognised technical qualification in a relevant field (ideally degree level)
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written formats
In return, the development engineer will receive a salary of £32,000-£37,000 (dependent on experience) + a potential annual bonus, pension, private healthcare, etc.
If you are a design engineer, development engineer, R&D engineer, research and development engineer, NPI engineer, project engineer, mechanical design engineer, CAD engineer, senior design engineer, design team leader, CAD technician, draughtsperson, etc. who is interested in finding out more, please click apply.
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.
Job Skills: design engineer, development engineer, R&D engineer, research and development engineer, NPI engineer, project engineer, mechanical design engineer, CAD engineer, senior design engineer, engineering recruitment agencies, [email protected]