salary, and benefits
Your job will be secure, the business has benefited from a £5M investment in new machinery, and a new office block is being built in 2024!
What do you miss out on by working unpaid overtime, family meal times, social events, and children's after-school activities? In this role, you won't miss out as the design team leaves on time with no unpaid overtime worked. And you get to finish at 3 pm on a Friday!
You'll work in a friendly, supportive environment where employee wellbeing is prioritised, and the company supports the community with beach cleans, walks for cancer research, and hosts Macmillan coffee mornings.
What you'll be doing:-
- Designing, developing and implementing new products (NPI/NPD).
- Supporting existing product improvements and cost-down (VA/VE) initiatives.
- Establishing detailed product specifications, including critical fit & functional performance, customer, industry and legal requirements.
- Coordinating prototype procurement/manufacture for concept design validation.
- Coordinating regular cross-functional design and DFM reviews
- Preparing and amending costed BOMs through all project phases.
- Providing technical support for new business, suppliers, toolmakers, product certification and approval.
What you'll need:-
- Solid NPI and NPD experience gained in a regulated manufacturing industry.
- Strong 3D CAD skills with the ability to think creatively.
What you'll receive
Salary and benefits package, holidays, pension (option to include critical illness and life cover), complimentary tea and coffee. Discounts are available for gym membership, food, holidays and cars. Cycle to work scheme.
Hours of work
Monday to Thursday, 8.30 am to 5 pm, Fridays 8.30 am to 3 pm
If interested in this exciting design engineer position, please click apply. Don't worry if your CV is outdated; we can sort that out later. If you want to discuss this, call the office and quote ref 4298, design engineer.
Job Skills: design, engineering, mechanical, firstname.lastname@example.org