Competitive salary, excellent benefits
Opportunity for procurement professionals with scrap metal purchasing experience (scrap purchasing manager, senior scrap buyer etc.) to develop their career with a large recycling group, joining the business as a commercial manager.
You would be joining the business at an exciting time as they are currently going through a period of expansion. As the commercial manager, you will be responsible for supplier acquisition, revenue growth targets and for, maximising the potential of the commercial team, crafting purchasing plans and outlining strategic plans to senior management. Further responsibilities will include:-
- Establishing and adjusting ferrous and non-ferrous pricing policies by monitoring sales prices, costs, competition, supply and demand.
- Achieving growth and hitting volume and gross margin targets by successfully managing the commercial team.
- Designing and implementing a commercial plan that expands the company's scrap supplier base and ensure its strong presence.
- Developing plans for bringing in new scrap business from existing and new suppliers/customers.
- Building and promoting strong, long-lasting supplier relationships by partnering with suppliers and understanding their needs.
- Identifying emerging markets and market shifts while monitoring competitor companies.
- Developing commercial plans, including budgeting and forecasting.
- Analysing the commercial performance, including the profitability, revenue, pricing and cost of goods sold.
- Reviewing market trends with regard to ferrous and non-ferrous scrap.
To apply for the commercial manager (scrap purchasing manager, senior scrap buyer) position, you will need the following: -
- Extensive experience in scrap metal purchasing.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to use market knowledge to leverage deals.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Willingness to travel between depots in Cardiff, Swansea, and Bristol and suppliers in the South of England, Wales and up as far as the Birmingham border.
In return, the commercial manager (scrap purchasing manager, senior scrap buyer) will receive a competitive salary, car allowance and a bonus of up to 15%.
Please click apply to progress your application for the position.
Job Skills: scrap purchasing, scrap purchasing manager, scrap buyer, email@example.com