Up to £25000 per annum + pension, holidays etc
Opportunity for a chemistry graduate (ideally analytical chemistry) to join a rapidly growing global, financially secure, award-winning business as a graduate applications chemist. The company are currently trialling a 9-day fortnight (37.5 hours per week)
Training will take place over two years; the salary will increase as you successfully progress through the training, starting at £25,000, rising to £26,000 after six months, £27,000 after 12 months and to £28,500 after 24 months.
There is an excellent benefits package on offer, including a pension, 24 days of holidays, plus the eight bank holidays, a cash healthcare plan for routine healthcare needs, optical, dental physiotherapy, well-being, and counselling: state-of-the-art spacious offices and seminar suite, free on-site parking, EV chargers, and free fresh fruit on the first Monday of every month.
The hiring company is a global organisation with four international subsidiaries, their culture is friendly, and they enjoy very low staff turnover rates. The business has gained an enviable reputation for being a stable, considerate employer with excellent career development opportunities.
As the graduate applications chemist, you will develop, optimise and evaluate applications to showcase the capabilities of products across a wide range of markets. The graduate applications chemist is a vital link between product development, product marketing and the customer, responsible for generating data used in marketing material and feeding back important market developments and opportunities to help improve and develop new versions of products. Responsibilities will include:-
- Developing exceptional hands-on and theoretical knowledge of the company product range
- Developing and implementing application work plans to showcase company products for marketing collateral and sales support.
- Writing reports and application documentation following the method development work to promote the advantages of company technologies and the benefits to customers.
- Disseminating the application information to salespeople and customers through various media, e.g. face-to-face meetings, conferences, webinars and training.
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of competitors' products and applications, as well as any changes in customer requirements,
- Providing technical support and training to commercial teams, including customer demonstrations and presentations, training for sales and product specialists on new applications and supporting application development with key customers.
- Maintaining and troubleshooting laboratory instrumentation.
To be successful in your application for the graduate applications chemist, you will need the following: -
- A degree in chemistry, ideally analytical chemistry or a closely related subject.
- Knowledge of GC, GC-MS, Mass Spec or other analytical techniques
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
This position would be suitable for analytical chemistry, chemistry graduates, science graduates, forensic science graduates, chemical engineering graduates etc.
If you are an analytical chemistry / chemistry graduate, please apply today!
Job Skills: chemist, analytical chemist, graduate, email@example.com