£28000 - £31500 per annum + 10% bonus, medical, pension, etc.
Opportunity for a buyer to join a global manufacturing company that has been trading for over 70 years. They have 10+ sites globally and are a market leader for the technology they provide delivering bespoke solutions for a wide variety of customers and sectors.
You will work closely with the purchasing manager and the wider purchasing team to assist in the procurement and purchasing of materials for the manufacturing function. This is an additional role within the buying team and you will have the opportunity to work closely with and 'shadow' an experience senior buyer to gain company and industry-specific knowledge from them.
Buyer responsibilities will include:
- Source materials ensuring that the most economically advantageous deal is secured for the company
- Reading and understanding technical and engineering drawings to determine material requirements
- Being a point of contact for supplier problem resolution
- Ensuring that supply chain processes and procedures are followed and adhered to
- Monitoring of orders to ensure materials/services are supplied within agreed timescales.
- Working closely with suppliers to resolve any issues relating to delivery timescales
- Ensuring all documentation is kept up to date
- Collating and assessing information relating to supplier performance
To apply for the buyer position, you will need:
- Previous experience of working in a purchasing function in a manufacturing or technical environment
- The ability to read and understand engineering or technical drawings is highly desirable
- An understanding of BOMs is highly desirable
- Experience with MRP systems is required
- Must have strong negotiation skills and good analytical skills
In return, the buyer will receive a salary of £28,000-£31,500 (dependent on experience) + a potential annual bonus of up to 10%, pension, private healthcare, etc.
If you are a buyer, junior buyer, assistant buyer, purchasing assistant, purchasing administrator, etc. who is interested in finding out more, please click apply.
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.
Job Skills: buyer, junior buyer, assistant buyer, purchasing assistant, purchasing administrator, engineering recruitment agencies, [email protected]