competitive salary, plus benefits
Buyer required by a market-leading manufacturing company with a successful track record and ambitious growth plans. Working in a close-knit purchasing team that is friendly and supportive. The buyer will report to the procurement manager and will work alongside another buyer; responsibilities will include: -
- Negotiating cost-effective supply contracts for the procurement of goods and or services
- Managing suppliers to ensure performance against targets
- Working with existing suppliers to develop cost-down opportunities
- Ensuring that all production materials are delivered in time for production while maintaining optimum stock levels
- Utilising the company MRP system to improve inventory control
To be successful as the buyer, you will need the following: -
- Experience of purchasing gained within the manufacturing sector
- CIPS qualifications would be an advantage
- Strong IT skills including Excel, Word and MRP
In return, the buyer will receive a competitive salary depending on experience; there is also an attractive company pension scheme on offer.
If you are interested in the buyer role, please click apply to start the process.
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.
Job Skills: buyer, purchasing, procurement, [email protected]