£40000 - £45000 per annum + pension, medical, etc.
Buyer required to join a global manufacturing company that has been trading for over 70 years. They have 15+ global locations, 3 of which are in the UK. This will be a standalone role with responsibility for all purchasing activities for their Swansea facility.
You will work closely with the purchasing manager and will enjoy a varied role in dealing with day-to-day purchasing as well as capital expenditure projects. There will also be some occasional travel in the UK as part of the role.
Hours of work will be 8:30am-4:30pm.
Buyer responsibilities will include:
- Identifying and achieving savings quarterly to set targets aligned with site objectives
- Managing the site spend and coordinating with other UK sites to leverage the best possible deals
- Actively seek new suppliers to meet existing and future needs
- Negotiating contracts to support capital expenditure projects
- Processing purchase orders for the site as required
- Work closely with the stores function to ensure good practice relating to inventory management
- Attend monthly strategy meetings as part of the wider UK purchasing team.
To apply for the buyer position, you will need:
- Previous experience of working in a purchasing or procurement focused role in a manufacturing environment
- Strong commercial awareness and negotiation skills
- The ability to work in a standalone capacity and manage a large spend
- Experience in dealing with CAPEX projects
- MRP/ERP experience (preferably with SAP)
- The ability to read and understand technical drawings is desirable
- A degree-level qualification is desirable
- CIPS qualifications are desirable
In return, the buyer will receive a salary of £42,000-£45,000 (dependent on experience) + pension, private medical, potential quarterly bonus, 26 days holiday + Bank Holidays, etc.
If you are a buyer, senior buyer, purchasing manager, purchasing specialist, procurement specialist, procurement executive, purchasing executive, category manager, etc. who is interested in finding out more, please click apply.
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.
Job Skills: buyer, senior buyer, purchasing manager, purchasing specialist, procurement specialist, procurement executive, purchasing executive, category manager, engineering recruitment agencies, [email protected]