£32000 - £35000 per annum + pension, bonus, paid o/time, etc.
Air conditioning engineer required to work for a nationally recognised brand offering secure employment, a good benefits package and good earning potential through overtime availability.
You will work as part of a small team based on one main site in Manchester with occasional travel to cover some other locations in the North West and will be the sole air conditioning / HVAC engineer in the team providing expertise in that area.
The role will involve working a mix of 8-11 hour shifts (days only, no nights) across a 6 week rota which would also involve working 2 weekends every 6 weeks and being part of an on-call rota (on-call around 9 times over the 6 week rota).
Air conditioning engineer responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out reactive work associated with HVAC and other areas
- Completing all statutory and non-statutory planned preventive maintenance following annual plans and allocated work
- Involvement in project work when required for upgrades or new installations
- Assisting other members of the team where needed
- Supervision of specialist subcontractors on site
- Ensuring health and safety procedures are followed at all times.
- Ensuring the highest possible service is being delivered to stakeholders
- Controlling, interrogating and operating building systems through the use of the site BMS system
- Undertaking other maintenance and facilities tasks as required
- Travelling to other company sites as and when required.
- Forming part of an on-call rota and responding appropriately when required and called upon.
To apply for the air conditioning engineer position, you will need:
- Previous experience in an air conditioning or HVAC focused position
- To hold relevant industry-recognised qualifications (NVQ, HNC, HNND, City & Guilds, BTEC, etc.) in areas such as refrigeration and air conditioning, F-Gas, air conditioning and heat pump systems, building services engineering, maintaining refrigeration systems, etc.
- To have experience working with BMS
- To be computer literate and ideally have had experience with working with handheld PDAs, etc.
- A full driver's license
- Multi-skilled maintenance experience to be able to assist with other tasks as required is desirable
- The following qualifications/training certificates are desirable: IPAF Powered Access License, PASMA, Asbestos Awareness and First Aid.
In return, the air conditioning engineer will receive a salary of £32,000-£35,000 (dependent on experience) + on-call allowance (£1,000 annually), pension (9% company contribution), potential annual bonus, paid overtime, etc.
If you are an HVAC engineer, HVAC technician, air conditioning engineer, air conditioning technician, building services engineer, building services technician, facilities engineer, facilities technician, etc. who is interested in finding out more, please click apply.
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.
Job Skills: HVAC engineer, HVAC technician, air conditioning engineer, air conditioning technician, building services engineer, building services technician, facilities engineer, facilities technician, engineering recruitment agencies, [email protected]