£25000 - £26000 per annum + benefits
British Indian Ocean Territory
Opportunity for an access network engineer to join a full telecommunication services provider which delivers mobile, broadband, fixed line, data centre and enterprise solutions to a diverse customer base in the Channel Islands, alongside cloud services to customers in many locations around the world. Unfortunately family members are not allowed to accompany you on the island.
Diego Garcia has a lot to offer, including a safe environment (low crime rates), minimal need to travel, beautiful beaches and an outstanding work-life balance. If you are looking for a lifestyle change, then this could be it!
The business has been established for over 120 years, becoming the ideal partner of choice to deliver world-class communication solutions to customers.
As the access network engineer, you will be responsible for operating, maintaining, administering developing and controlling the radio, satellite services and access network on the island and for the ships based in the lagoon. Detailed responsibilities are: -
- Identifying system developments required to optimize utilisation of installed equipment and thereby add value to existing investments
- Liaising with our service providers, equipment manufacturers and external administrations
- Designing, installing and commissioning new systems to meet customer requirements within budgeted parameters
- Training other staff on the basic operation and maintaining all earth station and radio systems
- Becoming conversant with the operation and maintenance of all other business unit engineering activities
To apply for the access network engineer position, you will need the following: -
- HND or similar in a telecommunications discipline
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Previous experience in configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting satellite modems
- Knowledge and experience of VHF and Wifi radio systems
- Electrical experience
- Experience with local area networks, internet service provision, power plant and UPS, point to point radio systems, digital transmission systems and fibre optic networks
- A current driving licence and visa required
- Ability to work safely on power systems, a good understanding of broadband networks, computers and microsoft software would be advantageous
The access network engineer will receive a salary of £25,000 - £26,000 per annum (tax free) + accommodation, paid flights, return flights twice per year, company pension, annual bonus, mobile and internet package, and 25 holidays (excluding the bank holidays).
Please click apply to progress your access network engineer application.
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.
Job Skills: access network engineer, network engineer, telecommunications engineer, telecoms engineer, maintenance engineer, [email protected]