£30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits
Opportunity for an access network engineer to join a full telecommunication services provider which delivers mobile, broadband, fixed line, data centre and enterprise solutions to a diverse customer base in the Channel Islands, alongside cloud services to customers in many locations around the world.
Falkland Islands has a lot to offer, including a safe environment (low crime rates), wildlife, minimal need to travel, beautiful beaches and a friendly culture. If you are looking for a lifestyle change, then this could be it!
The business has been established for over 120 years, becoming the ideal partner of choice to deliver world-class communication solutions to customers.
As the access network engineer, you will be responsible for the installation and maintenance of all company access network infrastructure, including fixed and mobile radio, copper, fibre, satellite architecture and power platforms. Detailed responsibilities are: -
- Identifying system developments required to optimize utilisation of installed equipment and thereby add value to existing investments
- Liaising with our service providers, equipment manufacturers and external administrations
- Designing, installing and commissioning new systems to meet customer requirements within budgeted parameters
- Training other staff on the basic operation and maintaining all earth station and radio systems
- Becoming conversant with the operation and maintenance of all other business unit engineering activities
To apply for the access network engineer position, you will need the following: -
- BTEC or equivalent in telecommunications or electronic engineering
- Proven experience in T&P networks, fixed and mobile radio and satellite systems
- Proven track record of system design, installation and maintenance practices
- Strong electrical and mechanical background
- Competent in MS Office
- Ability to work at heights
- Cisco CCNA would be advantageous
The access network engineer will receive a salary of £30,000 - £35,000 per annum + overtime, accommodation allowance (50% of rent), paid flights to the island, company pension, annual bonus, and 25 holidays (excluding the bank holidays).
Contract offered for 2-4 years, with the intention of employee applying for their residency after 3 years to secure full time permanent employment.
Please click apply to progress your access network engineer application.
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.
Job Skills: access network engineer, network engineer, telecommunications engineer, telecoms engineer, maintenance engineer, [email protected]