Production Process Engineer
A production / process engineer is an extremely valuable member of staff and in the current manufacturing climate is an essential tool to ensure that your company continues to evolve and adapt accordingly.
A production or process engineer would typically be responsible for the following areas:-
- Lead the development of new process and equipment projects.
- Ensure that any introduced equipment or new process is capable of meeting customer requirements and all internal metrics.
- Project Manage the overall process and ensure that all elements are executed in a consistent and detailed manner, on time, within budget.
- Implement modern lean manufacturing and continuous improvement tools and techniques such as SMED, 5S, Six Sigma etc.
- Analyse key production performance metrics and record the impact of any changes in processes and make further recommendations for additional improvements accordingly.
- Develop SOP’s(Standard Operating Procedures) and ensure that all staff are trained on current processes and equipment.
A production / process engineer will typically require skills and qualifications including:-
- HNC, HND or Degree qualified in an engineering related discipline
- A thorough understanding of manufacturing processes and techniques (these can vary dependent on the sector in which you operate as an automotive production engineers daily tasks are likely to be different to that of someone working within the Pharmaceutical sector although they would contain similarities)
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Experience of modern lean manufacturing and/or continuous improvement techniques
- Perhaps some experience of budget management and control as they may be responsible for a capital expenditure budget again this could be dependent on this size of organization.
- Project management skills and the ability to develop a high standard of written work.
When recruiting a production / process engineer it is important to focus on what is most important to your business and what you want the person to achieve. For example will you be looking for this person to be overseeing the installation of a lot of new equipment? Will the person perhaps be more focused on the training and development of existing staff, will they be responsible for implementing lean tools in to the business as a focus.
As you can imagine each production / process engineer will have their own strengths and weaknesses based on their own experience and as a result when recruiting understanding what the key focus is will assist you in being able to select the best person with the relevant skills you require.
Here is where Sigma Recruitment can help:-
We possess an established and manually built database of production / process engineers based within the South Wales and South West area. Each candidate is individually key worded and would be subjected to a thorough pre-screen prior to any CV submission.
Our consultants are experienced in understanding our clients requirements and we take great pride in the quality of our work. Prior to commencing any recruitment campaign our consultants would ensure that we have a thorough understanding of the requirements of the role, typically upon receiving a job specification our consultants would read through it extensively create a series of questions and will discuss these with the client to qualify what areas we need to focus on.
Once we are confident we fully understand what our clients are looking for we will discuss the role with prospective candidates. These candidates would be subjected to a thorough pre-screen and those of which who are a fit will be E-mailed across to you. All our CV’s are in an easy to read format and will include our specialised Sigma Recruitment cover sheet. This includes the salary details, notice period, candidate location, and accompanying notes where we will clearly list the reasons why the candidate has been presented to you.
Not all recruitment agencies are the same and Sigma Recruitment look forward to working with you in the near future.