£20000 - £25000 per annum + pension, bonus, healthcare, etc.
Opportunity to work for a well-established multi-national organisation as part of a multi-skilled engineering department. The Mechanical Design Technician will report into an Engineering Manager onsite and will be involved in producing engineering drawings and layouts in line with customer specifications.
The client will also consider Graduates in the field of Mechanical Engineering provided they have completed a relevant industrial placement or gained some design/CAD based experience post-graduation.
As the Mechanical Design Technician, your duties will include:
- Producing equipment outline drawings and layouts for customers
- The Mechanical Design Technician will produce full equipment detailed drawings, layouts and procedures to enable manufacturing to produce the products as required
- Interpreting customer requirements and technical specifications
- Liaising with other departments such as sales, engineering, purchasing, production, and quality to ensure accuracy and delivery of projects to customer specification
- The Graduate Design Engineer will attend internal/external meetings to assist with technical requirements
- Answering technical questions to external customers/suppliers when required
- Assisting sales in technical questions/request for drawings and mechanical details
To be a successful Mechanical Design Technician you will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience within a manufacturing/technical role
- 2D and 3D CAD experience (ideally with AutoCAD Inventor)
- The Graduate Design Engineer must be able to understand and be able to discuss technical drawings with customers as needed
- A relevant Mechanical Engineering qualification (minimum ONC level) is required
In return, the Mechanical Design Technician will receive a salary of £20,000 - £25,000 (dependent on experience) + pension, healthcare and potential annual bonus.
If you wish to be considered for this role, please click on the apply button.
By applying for this position, you consent to Sigma Recruitment Ltd contacting you regarding job opportunities and storing a copy of your CV on our database. NOTE we will NOT present your details to any client without speaking to you and seeking verbal consent first.